You might have some questions about me and what I do. Here are the answers you’re looking for:
Who are you?
My name is Tom Meitner, and I’m a direct response copywriter. I live in Germantown, WI, which is a suburb of Milwaukee, with my wife. I’ve been a copywriter since 2007.
Do you have any specialties?
My main focus is writing promotions for finance companies, but I’ve also recently started branching out into alternative health and self-help companies.
We need somebody who has experience. Who have you worked for?
I’ve worked for some of the top names in direct response today, including:
- Agora Financial
- Casey Research
- Lombardi Publishing
- Belvoir Media Group
- Natural Health Dossier
- NewMarket Health
- Simpson Direct
- …and others!
How much do you charge?
That all depends on the scope of the project and what you’re looking for. I can tell you that I charge a competitive rate, and usually I get a royalty as well. Just shoot me an email or give me a call, and we can discuss this further.
Also, some companies find that the best arrangement is to get me on a monthly retainer. If you are going to have copy needs on a regular basis, this might be a good move. Ask me for details on that if you’re interested.
Can I see your portfolio?
Sure. I keep it in a public folder on Dropbox, so it’s always updated with the latest approved promotions that I’ve done. Check it out here (you do not need to have a Dropbox account to look at my portfolio).
How can I contact you?
I’m usually available during the business week, from about 8am to 5pm Central Standard Time. You can contact me using any of the following methods:
- Email: tom.meitner @ gmail.com
- Phone: 414-367-9208
- Skype (I’m not usually on, but we can always schedule a chat if you want): tom.meitner
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/tommeitner
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tom-meitner/8/152/3bb
Can I look around this site?
You can, but if you’re interested in my direct response work, then this page is the most help you’re going to get. The rest of this site is more of a personal project of mine, for my own creative writing purposes. But you’re welcome to look around if you’d like!
Yeah, I’m here for the creative/personal work you’re doing.
Okay, well then, welcome! Thanks for stopping by, and check out these other places where my writing has been featured:
- ProBlogger: How a Few Tweets Led to a 370% Increase in My Traffic
- The Change Blog: Change is a Mental Game
- E-Junkie: Build a System to Catch Inspiration When It Hits
- Daily Blog Tips: 5 Ways to Be Prolific
- Dumb Little Man: 9 Free Programs That’ll Help You Build a Side Business
- Write to Done: 3 Steps to Creative Endurance: A Writer’s Training Plan
- Sensophy: Why Curiosity is the Way to a Better Life
- Location 180: 6 Steps to Turn Garbage Into Gold
- Budgets Are Sexy: From Eviction to Vacation in 10 Months